Bread and Roses is an annual art exhibition in which hundreds of artists, both Arab and Jewish, male and female, participate. This includes renowned and veteran artists, as well as those who have recently completed their studies and are at the beginning of their artistic journey.

Every artwork acquired at the exhibition contributes significantly to projects that promote the status of women in Arab society in the field of employment and their integration into the modern world. 25% of the proceeds from sold artworks are returned to the female artists, while the remaining 75% is invested in projects by Ma’an – The Workers’ Advice Center in partnership with the Sindyanat Al Galil Association. These projects aim to advance the status of Arab and Palestinian women.

The “Women and Work” project in the Triangle area assists women with limited academic education to integrate into the job market. Every year, we help 250 women find suitable and fair employment. In the past two years, we have also initiated a hydroponic agriculture project: 30 women are using advanced systems to cultivate vegetables at home, improving their families’ nutritional security and promoting innovative ecological solutions within the community. Currently, we are expanding this project to include kindergartens and schools.

Ma’an’s branch in East Jerusalem aids hundreds of Palestinian women in entering the job market and asserting their rights against abusive institutions and employers.

A second partner of the “Bread and Roses” exhibition is the Sindyanat Al Galil Association, which promotes fair and sustainable trade and encourages the employment of Arab women in the Galilee. Recognized for its exceptional example and contribution to the livelihood of Arab women, it was selected by Forbes Israel in 2020 as one of the 15 most successful small businesses of the year. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the association has continued to produce olive oil and other food products, mostly for export. Unfortunately, due to the challenging situation in tourism, the Sindyanat Al Galil Visitor Center in Kfar Kana, which employed local women to conduct workshops and host thousands of visitors, has suffered greatly.

Join us in empowering Arab and Palestinian women at the lower rungs of society and building a just and economically healthy modern society where Arab and Palestinian women have equal partnership.

אנא כתבו את שמכם המלא, טלפון ותיאור קצר של נושא הפנייה, ונציג\ה של מען יחזרו אליכם בהקדם האפשרי.

رجاءً اكتبوا اسمكم الكامل، الهاتف، ووصف قصير حول موضوع توجهكم، ومندوب عن نقابة معًا سيعاود الاتصال بكم لاحقًا

As an organization committed to the rights of workers without distinction of religion, race, nationality, gender, or profession - democracy is our essence. We strongly oppose the authoritarian laws that the extreme government of Netanyahu, Lapid, Bennett, and Smotrich is attempting to impose.

Without democracy, there are no workers' rights, just as a workers' organization cannot exist under dictatorship.

only a victory of the democratic camp will enable a discussion on the Palestinian issue and lead to an alternative solution to occupation and apartheid while ensuring human rights and citizenship for all, Israelis and Palestinians alike. As long as the apartheid regime persists, the democratic camp will not succeed in defeating Israeli extremists. Therefore, we work to involve the Arab and Palestinian society in the protest.

We invite you:

To march with us in protests and to build an alternative, democratic, Jewish-Arab professional union in Israel. Join our quiet WhatsApp group today, "Marching with us in protest."

To join MAAN and unite workers in your workplace. Read here how to join the organization.

To follow MAAN's work on social networks.

Please write your full name, phone number, and a brief description of the subject of your inquiry, and a representative from our organization will get back to you as soon as possible.